AISFF Casting Market
Celebrating its first edition, “AISFF Casting Market” has been planned by Asiana International Short Film Festival in order to better facilitate the atmosphere of communication and exchange among filmmakers, producers and actors in the field of short films. At this event, participating filmmakers and actors will be provided with a chance to meet one another in person and to discuss about projects in development.
After the competition period in September, seven short films in development have been selected to participate in the “Section 1” of the event. For “Section 2”, four established actors who will participate in the event have been announced on the festival’s official website in early October. Applications from actors and filmmakers who wish to apply for a meeting with selected filmmakers and participating actors have been received through October.
Those who make the final selection will be having one-on-one meetings during the festival period to discuss in detail about the film and the casting process. Any film(s) completed with more than one cast matched through this event will be given an opportunity to officially screen the film in the 17th Asiana International Short Film Festival in 2019.
|Date||Friday, November 2nd, 2018|
|Venue||Vicinity of Gwanghwamun, Entry Permitted for Participants Only|
<Section 1> Selected Short Films
- Norway Man | Dir. Choi Eun-sol
- The Man Who Builds the Wall | Dir. Kim Hyun-seung
- New Year’s Day | Dir. Kim Seong-jin
- Doubt | Dir. Kim Woo-hyun
- Blackout | Dir. Lee Seung-wook
- The Mind of Changjin | Dir. Goong Yu Jeong
- Ms. Coach | Dir. Choi Eun
<Section 2> Participating Actors
- Yang Jin-seong | TV Series : Cross (2018), Chicago Typewriter (2017)
- Oh Jeong-se | Films : Fabricated City (2017), How to Use Guys with Secret Tips (2013)
- Yoon Jeong-roh | Films : Okja (2017), Spirits’ Homecoming (2017), Duck Town (2017)
- Cho Eun-ji | Films : The Villainess (2017), The Target (2014), The Concubine (2012)